Our mission Center is to engage, educate, and lead in the creating of a hunger-free world. We are dedicated to serving our community and those in need through various outreach programs.
Our programs include:
- Bagged Groceries
- Healthy Families
- Partner Pantry
- Disaster Relief
- Computer Lab and Employment Services
- Vitamin Program
Please help us help our community! We appreciate, monetary donations, food donations, volunteers, In-kind professional services. Click here to find out more.
Volunteers are essential at the HIM Center. Our dedicated volunteers fight hunger with compassion and commitment to help ensure that people in need have ready access to nutritious food. These volunteers represent a cross-section of individuals residing in Tarrant County. This includes corporate groups, adult service organizations, college students, retired individuals, church groups, students, individuals with community service requirements and caring people seeking to help those less fortunate.
We are currently in need of volunteers to help with:
- Receptionist Greet visitors, receive and direct telephone calls, perform general clerical work. Computer experience helpful and may be required.
- Food Sorter Sort and box food (produce, canned and packaged) for distribution.
- Clerical Provide administrative support to specific programs. Computer experience helpful and may be required.
- Check Out Clerk Assist agencies in filling, weighing, and processing their orders
- Order processor Pack food items for delivery/pickup.
- Truck Driver Drive designated routs for food pick up and deliveries. Class ‘C’ driver’s license and satisfactory DMV driving record required.
- Special Events Assist with organizing and planning of fundraising and community events throughout the year.